Monday, January 31, 2011

SNOW!

This morning after I climbed out of bed, I walked over to my window, pulled back the curtains, and raised the mini blind... My yard was covered with the fluffy white stuff.  Little patches everywhere.  Oh glorious sight!  But wait, it's supposed to be seventy degrees today!  This must be a freak weather occurrence.  Also, why isn't it frigid in my room, the coldest in the house.  As I wiped the sleep out of my eyes and shook my head to gather my thoughts, Titan come prancing up to my window with a...wad of snow...in his mouth...? What?  Wow.  Snow dense enough to hold up to Titan's rancid dog breath.  Impossible.  That's when it finally hit me.  It isn't snow. It is his (insert choice word here) dog bed. Awesome. Another morning of raking the yard.  Sweet.  Where is Titan now?  Tied to a pole in the yard where he will remain whenever I am not in the yard with him.  
After such an amazing weekend with my bestie Lindsay and boyfriend David, it was great to wake up to reality.  I saw a cute little mastiff puppy in a pet store this weekend and he looked like a great new buddy for Titan.  He almost had a new home...Almost.  That cute not-so-little puppy was $2000.  So he is still in the pet store.  I did come home with a new pet though.  Am Emperor Scorpion.  He is huge.  So big, in fact, that my mother wouldn't let me keep him in the house.  He had to go home with David.  I believe this is a good thing because around 3 this morning, I woke up combating phantom scorpions in my bed.  Throwing blankets, swatting at nonexistent bugs, and panicking in general.  I finally came to my senses and realized that the scorpion was at David's house and not in my bed.  I don't have a name for him yet, but I do have a picture.  It will be at the end of this post.
And that is all for now.  So until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment