Friday, January 28, 2011

Maybe I'll Just Go.

Titan's constant mess-making hasn't ended.  I've spent many hours the past two weeks cleaning my backyard.  Just when I think I have removed everything from the yard that he could possibly destroy, he surprises me with a nice big mess the next morning.  
This little ritual has prompted me to plan a mini vacation for myself.  I am going to Disney World. And I am going to have a  great time.  A glorious week full of roller coasters, tea cups, princesses, and no mastiff sized messes.  I am very excited.  I picked out a hotel: Port Orleans Riverside; I picked out a park pass option: 4 day hopper pass for all Disney parks; and I picked a flight: I'll leave at 6am for NOLA.  The one little problem I didn't have a solution for: Titan.  Where would my massive dog stay for a week?  
My parents can't keep him because my mom's hip would be in grave danger of being hurt severely because 94 pound Titan loves to jump on people.  My dad is gone 5 days out of the week so Titan would be without food for several days.  My sweet little diva of a sister will NOT feed him, she may get dirty and we can't have that. *rolls eyes*
So after I was all excited about this awesome dream trip to my favorite place on the planet, my dream was shattered because I just had to have that sweet not-so-little mastiff.  Oh the sacrifices I have to make for him!  But, he is my child so I must learn to put him first, and if that means no Disney World trip until he calms down and makes it easier for other people to care for him, then I will just put my little trip on hold and continue to wake up every morning like I do now: wake up to Titan scratching on my window to show me his newest mess in the back yard.  Joy.  

On second thought, maybe I'll just go.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I'd keep Titan for you if my apartment allowed pets, I guess that's a moot point. There's a really good kennel that's not all that expensive. It'd be like a week at the Hilton for Titan. I'll get the information from my aunt if you'd like? You should just go beacause if you don't you won't.. well obviously, but you know what I mean. DO it!! =)

    ReplyDelete