Thursday, February 3, 2011

I don't have a catchy name this time... so deal with it.

It's been a day, all damn day long.  I absolutely hate cold weather and I am currently hiding from the ice and rain sporting my fuzzy purple slippers and watching The Taming of the Shrew (the Elizabeth Taylor, Humphrey Bogart version).  Amazing movie.  Everyone should watch it.

Although today as a whole sucked quite a bit, I did wake to a pleasant surprise: Titan slept inside last night and didn't tear up anything.  Nothing.  Not one single piece of paper.  No pee.  No poo.  It was amazing.  I couldn't believe it. I woke up to him looking down at me (I slept in the living room to insure I would hear if he started destroying things and wake up in time to stop him) drool dripping from his jowls.  He got mucho treats this morning.

Work was terrible.  It was freezing in the store.  People were rude as usual.  Women wanted discounts for merchandise that was already marked down to the limit.  I lost several sales because I refused to give discounts for make-up on a dress (that came off anyway),  jeans marked 75% off that were missing a rhinestone, shoes that were 65% off because the shoelace was shorter in one shoe (buy a new shoelace stupid).  That's just the kind of thing I deal with every day.

I walk in my door and step into my warm house and a smell I haven't smelled in almost a year hit me in the face: my grandmother's spaghetti.  I guess this was just wishful thinking because there wasn't spaghetti on the stove and my grandmother isn't here anymore.  I cried for the first time in a long time.  I never thought I would have to go a day without my Mimama being just a phone call away.  I kept several of her books that I pull out  whenever I need to be close to her.  I desperately miss hearing her tell me that she loves me the whole world and back again.  I miss her speaking to me in Pig Latin like it was a real language. I miss her telling me about every Days of Our Lives episode of the week, even though she knew I couldn't care less about that show.   I miss watching movies with here and getting a play-by-play because she had already seen that movie.  I miss watching a new movie with her telling me a story I had already heard 500 times and then her asking me what was happening in the movie.  I pretty much miss everything.  This is all triggered by reading my bestie's latest blog.  Her grandmother is turning 80 this week, actually, I think her birthday was Tuesday.  I envy her so much because she still has her grandmother.  I envy her even more because she and her grandmother have such and amazing relationship.  I hope Lindsay has many many many more years with her.

I feel a bit guilty when I have these feelings of sadness over losing my Mimama.  I still have an amazing grandmother.  My Nennie is a wonderful woman who is always there whenever I need anything whether it be a dress that needs to be hemmed by the next day or a hot steaming pot of corn chowder when I am sick.  She is amazing.

So enough of that little spill... I have to end this lengthy blog here (you're welcome). The boyfriend should be here soon to take me to a movie, which means I will have to shed my fuzzy purple slippers and put on actual clothes that don't have a sports/school logo on them and go out into this nasty, cold, dark night.  Joy.  I guess I should be happy about going to a movie with the boyfriend, but I am less than thrilled about leaving my cozy slippers at home.  So into the purse they will go.  This is why I carry such large bags.  Smart, yes I know.   Stay warm and smile.  Smile because it could always be worse.  Smile because you have so many wonderful things in your life.  But more importantly, smile because it makes everyone around you wonder what shenanigans you are cooking up.  

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment